Sales Consultant, responsible for database/exadata and options presales.
The focus for this position will be Oracle Database, Options include:
*develop and deliver high quality Oracle presentations and demonstrationsmatching product capabilities to Customers, SI/Partners requirements
*manage RFI/RFP's as directed
*establish account presence and build trust with key SI/Partners
*share responsibility for the account sales strategy with the SalesRepresentatives and broader sales team
*develop and manage reference sites
*share product/industry/competitive knowledge through internalpresentations and white paper development with broader sales team
- Supports the completion of RFP and RFI requests from SI/Partners. Producehigh quality input to proposals, bids and tender responses
- Participate and facilitate in-depth demonstration of product functionsand features to partners/SI
- Strive to become an acknowledged expert by keeping abreast of newfeatures and product releases
- Able to engage with Field Sales as required
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Learns and maintains in-depth knowledge of Oracle database/Exadatasolutions
- Learns and maintains in-depth knowledge of Oracle database competitiveproducts and technologies
- Analyses, and documents potential customers requirements and positionOracle solutions to address such requirements
- Supports the completion of RFP and RFI requests from customers, SI andPartners
- Able to engage with Field Sales and partners as required
Indicate the experience qualifications and competencies required to performthis position effectively.
- In-depth knowledge of OS(UNIX/LINUX/Windows)
- Spoken and written skills inEnglish
- Compatible interpersonal skillsand multi cultural sensitivity essential
- Ability to adapt to a rapidlychanging, progressive organization essential
- Ability to work independently andwith a team required
- Ability to analyze, and documentpotential customers requirements and position Oracle solutions to address suchneeds is required
- Ability to work to a deadlinerequired
- Self motivated, desire to learnindependently required
- Strong communication and trainingskills required
Continuous Learning Skill
Persuasion and influencing
Personal and Task management Skills
Cross Functional Collaboration
Good team player
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire